Full time Speech and Language Therapist required
We are seeking a qualified Speech and Language Therapist who has experience of /or an interest in working with pupils with SpLD, language difficulties and high level ASD. The school welcomes applications from newly qualified Speech and Language Therapists, and will provide a wealth of experience, training and support to provide a highly positive start to someone wanting a thriving career.
Knowl Hill School offers a unique approach to therapy and education; you should be highly motivated and have great interest in working as part of a wider multidisciplinary team to provide therapy within an educational environment.
The Speech and Language Therapist will be:
• Able to work with teachers, OTs and a counsellor to enhance the learning process and develop the communication skills of the children. This is a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with a range of professionals and to use therapeutic skills creatively to meet the special educational needs of pupils.
• Part of a team of four Speech and Language Therapists at the school; we fully support the need for clinical supervision and CPD opportunities.
• Ideally knowledgeable in or have experience in providing therapy for children presenting with SpLD, language difficulties and/or high level ASD.
• Required to write IEP targets and review education and health and care plans as part of a multi-disciplinary team so it is useful to have knowledge/experience of using these plans, carrying out assessments and devising direct and indirect personalised therapy programmes.
• Required to participate in training and design and deliver training to staff.
• Someone who is enthusiastic and strongly motivated and who can demonstrate an innovative and flexible working style.
• Someone who is passionate about high quality education and support for children of all abilities. You must be professional, an excellent clinician and have good communication and IT skills.
The position is part time, working two days a week between the hours of 8.30am-4.30pm during school term time, plus such additional hours as may be needed to enable you to carry out effectively your professional duties. The salary for the role is based on experience and qualifications.
Knowl Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils attending the school. As the duties of these posts involve regular contact with children, any offer to the successful candidates will be conditional upon an Enhanced Disclosure being obtained via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
If you would like to apply for this position, please sent your c.v. with a covering letter to Mrs J Lusty email: